Will pipes rest/air out OK in an airtight container?

Russ H.

Mr. Fruity Pebbles
Sales
I tried to order these but HD cancelled my order. I'll try to find an alternative.
I’m a big fan of these and have good success using them. Also in home there are small ozone units that work if you’re worried about pipe smell in home from a pipe cabinets. I simply lay the bags under my cabinet and every now and again place the bags in direct sunlight outside for a day and they’re good to go all over again. They absorb an amazing amount of odors around the house.
As to using them at work one bag in a small box with your pipe items should really help. Ive used them in work lockers with great results years back. They make these with some type of rocks in them—thats what I use. They do a great job.

Check Amazon—or search Gonzo odor absorbing rocks.

Baccy Bert

For cob and Ulster
Patron
For my active rotation I use a small vented shoebox, the stackable kind for wardrobe organising. The airhole(s) allow the pipes to dry. Fits in a drawer in my smoking area. Picture for reference but not the exact same.

1545126050.987136-S2714459_C000_Main.jpg

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
For my active rotation I use a small vented shoebox, the stackable kind for wardrobe organising. The airhole(s) allow the pipes to dry. Fits in a drawer in my smoking area. Picture for reference but not the exact same.

View attachment 128544

Does this container do anything to control pipe odor in the room? I think the smell is the primary issue the OP is facing. If so, that is a great solution. Pipes get dry and the smell is under control.

Baccy Bert

For cob and Ulster
Patron
Does this container do anything to control pipe odor in the room? I think the smell is the primary issue the OP is facing. If so, that is a great solution. Pipes get dry and the smell is under control.

A noted reduction in pipe aromas compared to sitting on a pipe stand in the open. The ventilation on these type of boxes wouldn't allow much to escape. Perhaps some cedar as suggested earlier in the thread would make extra sure.

Top Bottom