Work in Progress

dimik

A Cob-Loving Neuroscientist
Sales
Crazy. What’d that run ya?
Only thing I’ve seen pipe
makers do is make accents
out of it.
So normally a piece like this would run about $200-300, but I found a guy who sometimes sells the cut offs that he can’t use for his purposes. Not cheap, still, but affordable enough that I bought some to play with. It’s a weird material to work with. Really damn hard, impossible to turn, and interlaced with brittle material. So you need to stabilize it throughout the process even if it’s been soaked in polymer already. Took me a while to figure out how to work it to make accent bands. Turns out really cool though. Almost pearlescent when you polish it.
I thought about making a cool pipe stand out of this, but I don’t think anybody would want a $300 stand. I’ll probably cut it up and make bands.

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
So normally a piece like this would run about $200-300, but I found a guy who sometimes sells the cut offs that he can’t use for his purposes. Not cheap, still, but affordable enough that I bought some to play with. It’s a weird material to work with. Really damn hard, impossible to turn, and interlaced with brittle material. So you need to stabilize it throughout the process even if it’s been soaked in polymer already. Took me a while to figure out how to work it to make accent bands. Turns out really cool though. Almost pearlescent when you polish it.
I thought about making a cool pipe stand out of this, but I don’t think anybody would want a $300 stand. I’ll probably cut it up and make bands.
I’m sure it’s like trying to turn a rock!

Top Bottom