size than 2.5 ounce.
C’est la vie.

Had to run to Woodcraft
for a new bottle as my latest
bottle from July is already
failing. Not to mention the
older bottle behind it.
View attachment 47433
Mine seldom get used up before getting thrown away. I inevitably end up gluing the lids on.

Adam Bybee

Sales
I get about a dollar’s worth
out of each bottle.
Apparently, I need
to glue more things
together.
I truly wonder what proportion of people actually use a whole bottle of the stuff. It's the same thing for me with Danish oil. I really wish that they sold finishing supplies in "pipe maker/wood turner" sizes. It feels so irritatingly wasteful.

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
I truly wonder what proportion of people actually use a whole bottle of the stuff. It's the same thing for me with Danish oil. I really wish that they sold finishing supplies in "pipe maker/wood turner" sizes. It feels so irritatingly wasteful.
Agreed. I hope my can of Teak Oil
has a very long shelf life. As I'm
not done with half the can.

I DO keep half to 3/4 of a 16oz
mason jar full of Teak Oil as I
don't trust the seals on those cans.

Adam Bybee

Sales
Agreed. I hope my can of Teak Oil
has a very long shelf life. As I'm
not done with half the can.

I DO keep half to 3/4 of a 16oz
mason jar full of Teak Oil as I
don't trust the seals on those cans.
I've got a mason jar of shellac that I keep sealed between uses that's lasted me several years now without any ill effects. Maybe mason jars are the way to go with this kind of stuff.

Now, we have "Santa's Pipe". This was a commission that was requested, as such, "Picture Santa gets home after his long night of deliveries, takes off his coat, sits down in his chair, and picks a pipe off the rack. That's the pipe I want." There was specifically no other direction, other than, "it has to have antler on it." I agonized over it for about 6 weeks, because every pipe I saw in Santa pictures was either a little clay, a warden, or some variation of the two. Then I came to the conclusion that, "I'm Santa, so I'm gonna make the pipe I'D smoke as Santa". Here's what I came up with - White tail deer antler in the shank adornment and the top of the tamper.
IMG_20191211_230118.jpg
IMG_20191211_232153_419.jpg
IMG_20191211_232153_421.jpg
IMG_20191211_230305.jpg

Last edited:
Those turned out great! I can't put my finger on why exactly but I feel like your stem work on these is maybe the cleanest I've seen you do - not that it was deficient before or anything, but it just looks super sharp on these. Good stuff!
Thanks, man! That's what a day in the shop with Doc does for ya! Still ain't perfect, but it's a long way better, I feel.

Now, we have "Santa's Pipe". This was a commission that was requested, as such, "Picture Santa gets home after his long night of deliveries, takes off his coat, sits down in his chair, and picks a pipe off the rack. That's the pipe I want." There was specifically no other direction, other than, "it has to have antler on it." I agonized over it for about 6 weeks, because every pipe I saw in Santa pictures was either a little clay, a warden, or some variation of the two. Then I came to the conclusion that, "I'm Santa, so I'm gonna make the pipe I'D smoke as Santa". Here's what I came up with - White tail deer antler in the shank adornment and the top of the tamper.
View attachment 48355
View attachment 48356
View attachment 48357
View attachment 48358
Outstanding!

:appl: