Work in Progress

N80

Here is a poker I'm working on. Modeled after a Dunhill. The stem will have a gentle downward bend when done. As you can see there is a pit there on the side of the stummel. There are a couple more small ones but the grain is really nice so I may finish it smooth despite the pits. Still have a lot of shaping and sanding to do especially at the shank-to-stummel transition.

You can see that it also has great ring grain. I think it would make a superb blast but I do not have a sandblaster.....yet.

IMG_1609.jpg

dwaugh

Look a squirrel!
Staff member
Norm, that pipe is purple.
@JRobert as an moderator, you must certainly be aware of clause, 42 (style guide) paragraph 7 (color terminology), of the PSF user agreement that clearly states the preferred color nomenclature system of PSD is the Munsell system. Under that system, the pipe is clearly a 5RP1/6. We can allow some latitude in the exact hue, as @Notow1 did not photograph the pipe with a calibrated NIST traceable standard.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.54.55 PM.png

Notow1

Sales
@JRobert as an moderator, you must certainly be aware of clause, 42 (style guide) paragraph 7 (color terminology), of the PSF user agreement that clearly states the preferred color nomenclature system of PSD is the Munsell system. Under that system, the pipe is clearly a 5RP1/6. We can allow some latitude in the exact hue, as @Notow1 did not photograph the pipe with a calibrated NIST traceable standard.

View attachment 62520
Huh?
Norm

dwaugh

Look a squirrel!
Staff member
@Notow1 I was teasing @JRobert The Munsell color system is a way of naming colors, not really all that mainstream I suppose. Basically with the system you bought a very expensive book of color chips that were highly quality controlled. Don't tell, @JRobert but I may have made up the regulations regarding the use of the color system :) I like the purple pipe! -David

DGErwin11

Supreme Curmudgeon
Staff member

View attachment 62520
Could you please get with the times. PSF is dead and buried. We are PSD.