Work in Progress

dwaugh

Look a squirrel!
Staff member
Could you please get with the times. PSF is dead and buried. We are PSD.
You know, when you get to be my age it's not so easy to remember all this stuff. I still call copy machines "Xerox machines" and AA batteries "Walkman batteries". I don't tease @psquared for calling his car a "horseless carriage" or calling "walkman batteries" dry cells.

LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Could you please get with the times. PSF is dead and buried. We are PSD.
Thank you.

Any former dictate from the aforementioned PSF has no implicit nor inferred, grandfather claused, or otherwise implied weight other than referential. Order before midnight tonight. Call now and be eligible for a second weight for free!( Just pay additional fees)

Behold! The mighty power of the lathe. That which was not is now a single cylinder. Has technology gone too far? Has our ability to make things into cylinders surpassed our ability to use them with wisdom and benevolence. I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
View attachment 62540
That’s cool. I had a Morgan cob cigar that was drilled incorrectly. One wall was paper thin and failed the second smoke.

It had a calabash like chamber behind the tobacco chamber (which resulted in a oversized tenon) . I am not sure if you ever touched a briar cigar so I thought it’s worth mentioning.

Also: some plateau on the tobacco chamber looks really cool on these.

Would you mind if I tried to make one too? Now I am still a noob but this just inspired me. Sometimes I just itch for something different before going back to practice on the shape you‘ve seen in my noob pipe makers hobby thread.

Adam Bybee

Patron
That’s cool. I had a Morgan cob cigar that was drilled incorrectly. One wall was paper thin and failed the second smoke.

It had a calabash like chamber behind the tobacco chamber (which resulted in a oversized tenon) . I am not sure if you ever touched a briar cigar so I thought it’s worth mentioning.

Also: some plateau on the tobacco chamber looks really cool on these.

Would you mind if I tried to make one too? Now I am still a noob but this just inspired me. Sometimes I just itch for something different before going back to practice on the shape you‘ve seen in my noob pipe makers hobby thread.
I have held and inspected the engineering on some of the Morgan briar cigars. Mine is going to be handled a little bit differently in the internals. The "reverse calabash chamber" on the Morgan cigars is a bit silly, imo. Its length and volume are so small relative to the bulk flow that any beneficial stagnation effects would be negligible.

The commissioner wanted me to add a stirling silver band and also to attempt a "tobacco leaf" looking style of rustication as well. Other than that, there are still some design elements to be worked out as I go.

Of course you can make one, I'd love to see it. Ain't nobody got a patent on briar shapes. People have been making briar cigars since the 40's.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Sales
I reckon this is the place to show our "Works in Progress" so here goes.
This one has been a Real PITA today, too many dadburn sharp angles and while your trying to perfect one
you can screw up another if ya aint paying close attention. This one still needs a lot of shape clean up and of course
the stem cut. Wasn't going to blast it but, I might do a partial, still not sure.
Don't know what they call these so I'll just call it a Dog Lovar (Bulldog/ Lovat) . :naughty:

DSC01014.JPG DSC01013.JPG DSC01016.JPG DSC01017.JPG

Maddis

Sales
I reckon this is the place to show our "Works in Progress" so here goes.
This one has been a Real PITA today, too many dadburn sharp angles and while your trying to perfect one
you can screw up another if ya aint paying close attention. This one still needs a lot of shape clean up and of course
the stem cut. Wasn't going to blast it but, I might do a partial, still not sure.
Don't know what they call these so I'll just call it a Dog Lovar (Bulldog/ Lovat) . :naughty:

View attachment 62598 View attachment 62599 View attachment 62600 View attachment 62601
Nice!