Work in Progress

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Sales
So... I bought a lathe and a bunch of other tools.
This is my first one doing everything from scratch.
I intended a billiard except I removed a lil too much material for a proper billiard.
5.5" x 1.75" , .75" chamber
All critiques are welcomed View attachment 75202
View attachment 75203 View attachment 75204 View attachment 75205 View attachment 75206
Not shabby, not shabby at all, in fact very nice for your 1st one from scratch. Wish my first one looked that good.
Got a Mathews lathe too I see, nice, looks just like the one I have. 10x30?

RDPipes

Sales
Thank you and yes sir PM 10/30V with dro.
I LOVE IT!
I didn't get the DRO with mine, thought about it but, I figured I have enough problems just counting to ten and using the right side of a ruler and didn't need to complicate my life any further. LOL! It was a great step for me getting it becuase I use to turn pipes on this, a 1949 Craftsman 6" lathe.
Craftsman Lathe 2015.JPG

Mrm1775

Sales
I didn't get the DRO with mine, thought about it but, I figured I have enough problems just counting to ten and using the right side of a ruler and didn't need to complicate my life any further. LOL! It was a great step for me getting it becuase I use to turn pipes on this, a 1949 Craftsman 6" lathe.
View attachment 75418
Thats a nice old lathe. The DRO makes life REAL easy

RDPipes

Sales
Thats a nice old lathe. The DRO makes life REAL easy
Easy for me is a Fractional Dial indicator, not a Decimal digital read out, just old fashion and stuck there,
Heck I can't even operate a cellphone but, I can completely disassemble an old dial phone and put it back together and have it working better then it has in 40 years. LOL!

Last edited:

Rybones

One more
Patron