Work in Progress

McGanksta

There's still a lot of material to remove, so the shank will probably gain another ~1/2". The bowl hasn't been shaped at all, so it looks a bit big for the finished size. Really, though, this is a first for shape/stem/cap, and falls under R&D at the moment. We'll see how it turns out. I just decided to start it to clear my head.
this made me chuckle.......anything but a poker.....am I right?

T

Cramptholomew

It's, like, Phyllis Diller funny.
Sales
this made me chuckle.......anything but a poker.....am I right?

T
It's like golf. The more your think about your swing, the worse you play. It's sucky when you get up to drive the ball, take 4 practice swings, and then hit a 75 yard worm burner. You just kinda hafta just go hit the ball. It's getting to that point now, so another attempt is eminent.

Cramptholomew

Sales
It's slow going. I have a habit of doing too many at the same time.
I find it's good to have two, maybe three, going at once. Sometimes your eyes kind of glaze over working on the same pipe for too long. It's good to put one away, and pull another out. I've had a couple I'd started, and didn't touch for a couple months. Sometimes you just have to be ready to finish one.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
It's like golf. The more your think about your swing, the worse you play. It's sucky when you get up to drive the ball, take 4 practice swings, and then hit a 75 yard worm burner. You just kinda hafta just go hit the ball. It's getting to that point now, so another attempt is eminent.
I played golf once, never could make it through the windmill.....

Cramptholomew

Sales
I swear. Pokers and I are cursed. EVERY FRICKIN TIME I go to make one, there ends up being an enormous pit. The first one I made took 5 blocks. The next, 3. The next never got done, because I went through 4 blocks and gave up. This was my, I think, 5th attempt at a other one. Gee frickin whiz. I'm gonna get this one made, but I'm never doing another one again.
PXL_20201122_202646071.jpg

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
I swear. Pokers and I are cursed. EVERY FRICKIN TIME I go to make one, there ends up being an enormous pit. The first one I made took 5 blocks. The next, 3. The next never got done, because I went through 4 blocks and gave up. This was my, I think, 5th attempt at a other one. Gee frickin whiz. I'm gonna get this one made, but I'm never doing another one again.
View attachment 79599
Hang in there, mate!