Work in Progress

Cramptholomew

It's, like, Phyllis Diller funny.
Sales
Hello again everyone. Once again i turn to you for advice. I was making this pipe and managed to break the shank at the finish line. Now the grain on it is hardly visible on the pics but in person it looks quite good so i didnt wanna let it go to waste so i stuck a piece of straight grain cherry wood to it. I havent stained or polished it yet but i already like it. My question is whether you think a fix like this could hold up aganist time and continuous use.
Here are my thoughts. and, it depends on how you attached the extension. If you just glued it on using a flush fit, I can't say I'd trust the mating. If you did a briar tenon around the airway, and a mortise on the extension, and mated them that way, I'd say it should be OK. Also, the stem is a little short.
IMG_20210222_143741.jpg IMG_20210222_143710.jpg

Attachments

RDPipes

Misogynistic Pipe Maker to the Stars!
Sales
Had this pipe on the bench for quite some time now, between commissions and the subzero temps we've had here I just didn't get to it till yesterday.
It's about ready for blasting finally and has a hand cut SEM Limited Edition ebonite for a stem I posted awhile back. Someone even mentioned they'd like
to see it on a Morta, well here it is on a soon to be Blasted Morta Bulldog.

DSC00719.JPG DSC00721.JPG DSC00723.JPG

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Had this pipe on the bench for quite some time now, between commissions and the subzero temps we've had here I just didn't get to it till yesterday.
It's about ready for blasting finally and has a hand cut SEM Limited Edition ebonite for a stem I posted awhile back. Someone even mentioned they'd like

View attachment 91194 View attachment 91195 View attachment 91196
Man, I love that stem. Awesome.

mongo

View attachment 91194 View attachment 91195 View attachment 91196
I can't wait to see that blasted! It's already awesome.