Write this seller a friendly note.

LostFrenchman

The description states that the pipe nail is made both in Hong Kong AND in the USA.

Apparently, it's not only an antique, it's also the product of artisans from 2 countries working together to create this rare masterpiece.
:hahaha-024: Two great minds, working across the Pacific, to create this marvel of engineering for the pipe smoking world! I'm assuming that the transaction also includes that special presentation box. it's not only a gift to yourself, but can also be for that special person in your life. My wife would love it! It will make her Christmas!

Condor

The Condor tamper is one of those true rare items. However I want the tamper you used to fight off enemy combatants--you know--the one with blood stains on it.
I know the one ... I used during the Battle of Cisterna , Italy in WW2 when I was with the OSS ! Sorry , but that one is on display in Rome after Given to Gen. Mark Clark upon his liberation of Rome ! I think I have others though . Standby and PM me with offers !

J Anthony

I wrote him a "friendly note". With it being a Japanese seller I knew that I had to be a bit humble in my opinion:

It is with my most humble opinion that there may be some sort of error with your currency translator. The amount that is stated for all of your items is extremely high in US dollars. If this is correct then I certainly apologize but I would be very surprised if you sold any of your items at your current prices.
Did this seller ever respond to you? I had the same thought, the JPY to USD is around 108 to 1. For easy mental math I just figure 100 to 1 (about a yen to the penny) and then I’m a little happy when I actually see the credit card bill. But if that were all...$17 is also not right for this lot.

I see a number of other Japanese collectibles, mostly Pokémon cards. I’m guessing the seller isn’t a pipe smoker. If he checked out a local shop and saw these all new...well, I still think it’s steep, but going rate new in Japan would be closer to the asking price.

Slow Tri

Is it Friday yet?
Sales
Did this seller ever respond to you? I had the same thought, the JPY to USD is around 108 to 1. For easy mental math I just figure 100 to 1 (about a yen to the penny) and then I’m a little happy when I actually see the credit card bill. But if that were all...$17 is also not right for this lot.

I see a number of other Japanese collectibles, mostly Pokémon cards. I’m guessing the seller isn’t a pipe smoker. If he checked out a local shop and saw these all new...well, I still think it’s steep, but going rate new in Japan would be closer to the asking price.
Nope. Never heard from him/her.