What's new

You guys still burning holes in shirts.

JustScott

I nearly set my pants on fire that way once. I strike matches away from myself now.:oopssign:
Once, back in high school, in the olden days when you could still get real strike-anywhere matches, one of my friends (and this is not the usual "my friend did that" stuff, if it was me I would actually admit it, lol...) had a habit of striking them on the zipper of his jeans. Because, well, high school, you know? Until the head of one separated and set his pants on fire (got caught in the space where the denim folds over the bottom of the zipper, and for real set his pants on fire). He started using the zipper on his jacket after that point.

Sentient.

Nearly lifelike.
Patron
Once, back in high school, in the olden days when you could still get real strike-anywhere matches, one of my friends (and this is not the usual "my friend did that" stuff, if it was me I would actually admit it, lol...) had a habit of striking them on the zipper of his jeans. Because, well, high school, you know? Until the head of one separated and set his pants on fire (got caught in the space where the denim folds over the bottom of the zipper, and for real set his pants on fire). He started using the zipper on his jacket after that point.
Whoa. That's a little too close to home.

Clint52

not a hole but a burn mark on my 10 year hoodie the other week. match head separated and fell.

:puffy:
Me too! Not the burned hoodie thing but the match head separation part. I was using Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches and halfway through the box, because of them, I’d burned holes in several shirts, a couple of pairs of nylon shorts, and I had numerous burned dots on my desk top. It seems the little white tip on the matches likes to explode off the end and fly onto the first object of value it can find. I switched to the strike on the box matches and solved that problem. I still burn holes but now it’s only because of my preference for bent pipes. I tend to exhale through my nose and directly into the bowl.

blackmouth210

I have a theory:
The more you clench your pipe the more likely you are to burn holes in your shirt.
And the more you do while smoking your pipe, the more likely you are to burn holes in your shirt.

I clench during most of my smokes because the majority of my pipesmoking is done while I am doing other things.
Rarely do I sit in a chair and do nothing but smoke.
And I have the burn holes to prove it. :bigyellowgrin:

Ol Brokedik

I have a theory:
The more you clench your pipe the more likely you are to burn holes in your shirt.
And the more you do while smoking your pipe, the more likely you are to burn holes in your shirt.

I clench during most of my smokes because the majority of my pipesmoking is done while I am doing other things.
Rarely do I sit in a chair and do nothing but smoke.
And I have the burn holes to prove it. :bigyellowgrin:
Having engaged in many a skirmish you can consider yourself a Veteran.