What's new

Your favourite "natural" blend.

craig

Being primarily an aromatic smoker (rich dark honeydew, amphora full aroma, mixture scottish blend).
I haven't tried a great deal of what I call natural blends.
I love a good aromatic and happy to continue doing so, but I did a trade with perhaps this forums greatest enabler @WalkinStick and he chucked in some pegasus saying as I like Carter hall I should like this... Well he was wrong..... I fiddle sticking love it!
You would think virginia burley and unsweetened black Cavendish might be a bit monotone and I thought so too, but that saying never judge a book by its cover applies to this blend in spades.
It's just the right strength not too mild and not too strong perfect hydration for full and light and gives a fantastic no nonsense smoke.
While it isn't a tobacco full of subtle nuances it is a tobacco I find myself reaching for time after time.
It is solid and dependable and smokes a treat in my country gentlemen... Never getting too hot, never a hint of gurgle and it always results in the fabled fine white Ash finish.

So over to you what's your favourite natural blend?

JustScott

Yeah, Pegasus is like that. Meat and potatoes. All the Bob Runowski blends I've tried are in the same vein, sort of a Burley/bright VA blend with just a little something extra (BC in Pegasus, a tiny bit of lat in Morley's Best, some perique in Haunted Bookshop, etc.) A Codger Burley with a little spice, the sort of thing you could have picked up in a pouch at the local drugstore in like 1956 (and in some cases you could have, as Pegasus is based on an old blend called Bond Street and Morley's Best is in the ballpark of Blue Boar.) Many times I've been smoking Haunted Bookshop and half of my brain will start to wonder which old blend it is supposed to emulate, but that's not the case with it. It just tastes like it is a tribute blend. It's almost like "OTC" is a flavor, like "woody" and "nutty", if that makes any sense (which may be a tall order with any of my posts...)
So, if you like Pegasus, you would likely enjoy most, if not all, of his blends. I know they aren't available over there, but I'm sure there are lots of people who would not be averse to trading for things that are difficult, if not impossible, to get here (like pretty much ANYTHING from either of the Houses of Gawith would likely be tradable for some C&D...)

craig

Yeah, Pegasus is like that. Meat and potatoes. All the Bob Runowski blends I've tried are in the same vein, sort of a Burley/bright VA blend with just a little something extra (BC in Pegasus, a tiny bit of lat in Morley's Best, some perique in Haunted Bookshop, etc.) A Codger Burley with a little spice, the sort of thing you could have picked up in a pouch at the local drugstore in like 1956 (and in some cases you could have, as Pegasus is based on an old blend called Bond Street and Morley's Best is in the ballpark of Blue Boar.) Many times I've been smoking Haunted Bookshop and half of my brain will start to wonder which old blend it is supposed to emulate, but that's not the case with it. It just tastes like it is a tribute blend. It's almost like "OTC" is a flavor, like "woody" and "nutty", if that makes any sense (which may be a tall order with any of my posts...)
So, if you like Pegasus, you would likely enjoy most, if not all, of his blends. I know they aren't available over there, but I'm sure there are lots of people who would not be averse to trading for things that are difficult, if not impossible, to get here (like pretty much ANYTHING from either of the Houses of Gawith would likely be tradable for some C&D...)
It's just a fantastic blend and if it could be got over here I would be a very happy smoker.
Luckily I have a good friend who can keep me supplied....

SmokeRings

I like a lot of "natural" blends, Watch City Slices are fantastic as has been mentioned, my own tin of Pegasus is disappearing rapidly, I believe I must have a thief onboard who enjoys pinching my tobacco. I like most of the MacBaren HH blends I have tried, Escudo is I believe fairly natural, and probably dozens more than escape my mind at present. The thing I try to remember is that tobacco may be basically the same plant, but it really has got a wide variety of flavours depending on it's preparation, I am generally pretty open to trying new blends, it has led to some favorites being discovered and some other um...interesting results lol

craig

My Favorite

Cornell & Diehl - Bayou Morning Flake

Nice transition VaPer

Hearth & Home - AJs VaPer
I have to say when I first started smoking I used to love vaper blends now I'm a bit meh about them.... I dont know why but perique gives me a more than uncomfortable tingle on the tongue, its jot bite but like a sort of tingle when you have something overly spicy

Peacock

Resident Hipster
Patron
Being primarily an aromatic smoker (rich dark honeydew, amphora full aroma, mixture scottish blend).
I haven't tried a great deal of what I call natural blends.
I love a good aromatic and happy to continue doing so, but I did a trade with perhaps this forums greatest enabler @WalkinStick and he chucked in some pegasus saying as I like Carter hall I should like this... Well he was wrong..... I fiddle sticking love it!
You would think virginia burley and unsweetened black Cavendish might be a bit monotone and I thought so too, but that saying never judge a book by its cover applies to this blend in spades.
It's just the right strength not too mild and not too strong perfect hydration for full and light and gives a fantastic no nonsense smoke.
While it isn't a tobacco full of subtle nuances it is a tobacco I find myself reaching for time after time.
It is solid and dependable and smokes a treat in my country gentlemen... Never getting too hot, never a hint of gurgle and it always results in the fabled fine white Ash finish.

So over to you what's your favourite natural blend?
I’m a big fan of John Patton’s Virginia Squire for a simple VaBur blend