Your Sacred Smoking Spaces

RedScot

For me it’s not so much a place but a place in time. Let me explain. In the south we have live oak trees. These are large and often ancient oaks with massive almost mushroom like canopies. Now, there is a point in the evening when the directional light and shadow give way to an indistinct failing light that transitions into twilight and then darkness. The oaks seem to hold this light as it plays across the sky and you can watch the watercolor pink and golds, blues and purples change moment to moment.that’s my pipe time and that’s my sacred place in the cathedral of creation at the close of day.

This very moment is that time. Cheers gentlemen.
In Hebrew there's a term - ba' erev, I think - that describes that magic time. It literally means "between the evenings".

Bach6032

Uhle's, Milwaukee.

For a few years, my wife's job required a January pilgrimage to Milwaukee [she's a meetings/events expert and one particular planning meeting was always scheduled in Milwaukee]. During that first visit I learned to dress defensively for the long walk from our hotel to Uhle's--Milwaukee in January can be brutal.

Immediately upon arrival I was hooked. Though their lounge is handsome lounge and their inventory of pipes and tobaccos is generous, in the end it was their hospitality that really drew me in. It's been years since the last trip. I still miss it.

mattia76

Uhle's, Milwaukee.

For a few years, my wife's job required a January pilgrimage to Milwaukee [she's a meetings/events expert and one particular planning meeting was always scheduled in Milwaukee]. During that first visit I learned to dress defensively for the long walk from our hotel to Uhle's--Milwaukee in January can be brutal.

Immediately upon arrival I was hooked. Though their lounge is handsome lounge and their inventory of pipes and tobaccos is generous, in the end it was their hospitality that really drew me in. It's been years since the last trip. I still miss it.

I have heard tales of Uhle’s before. So cool that you got to experience it!

Merk3030

Tripe Leader
Patron
Boswell’s is special indeed. My local go to is my at work spot a couple buildings down the road. The association that occupied the building is no longer there, but it has a nice little spot where I can sit in the shade and smoke when the working day allows it...I need to make more time for breaks. I tend to stay chained to my desk all day...

Maddis

Sales
Nirvana can be achieved at any moment in any place; the trick is repetition and sustain ;-)

The Grotto at Pheasant Run.
I've made lifelong friends with total strangers just by sitting down next to them.

The Humidor in Monterey
(with @Maddis serenading me)

Right about here:

And my favorite fishing spot on the South Fork of the Trinity River. No photos because one of you wise guys would CSI the pics and show up.
That guitar I think was a 50's D-28? Damn it sounded great. Company was acceptable too.

McWiggins

I don't smoke often in other places and tend to only like my private corner in a pole building. So this is my "Sacred Smoking Space". There I smoke pipes and cigars while reading, thinking, watching movies on an old laptop, cooking up some BBQ or hopping on a Zoom meeting with other pipe and cigar people. Here it was as decorated for this past holiday season.

IMG_20210503_182139.jpg
For those interested, this is an actual photograph shot on a Polaroid Land Camera 101 from the 1960's. It uses peel apart film which is no longer made so what I have is kept in cold storage and used sparingly.