Zippo insert creep

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
Seems like when I light it the downward pressure on the Flint wheel pushes it back in place. The only time I have issues with the lid catching the chimney is when I've got a recycled Bic flint in, which tend to be twice the length of a new Zippo flint. It won't allow the tension screw to thread in where it needs to be and holds the insert up from the bottom of the shell.

SmokeRings

Patron
Seems like when I light it the downward pressure on the Flint wheel pushes it back in place. The only time I have issues with the lid catching the chimney is when I've got a recycled Bic flint in, which tend to be twice the length of a new Zippo flint. It won't allow the tension screw to thread in where it needs to be and holds the insert up from the bottom of the shell.
This, just a slight bit of pressure on the wheel and it is no bother or extra time at all, no need to go all Hulk Hogan on the thing, just a firm pressure and it's fine

True.
Those Bic flints last amazingly long, though.

S Mac

Take a pair of sidecutter pliers and cut it in half, make two flints.